Monday, May 17, 2010

To blog or not to blog, that is the question

So, I'm ready for my second installment of my blog. Since I last wrote and my wife subsequently tried to remind me of all the people who would (or potentially would) be reading my blog, she has now since decided to blog herself. Now I have to say, so far her blog has been relatively amusing, though she does like to put her own "framing" on scenarios, but hey isn't that what blogging is all about. So, I'm not going to go around disputing her alleged Nathan (or JOSH) stories, because they are mostly true, but lets just say I'm not always as crazy as I'm made out to be. So, I'll keep on reading, but at least now we both have a voice that can be heard....

Anyway enough about that. I don't really have a whole lot to blog about right now. Since my last post we did go on our Florida trip, which was pretty good overall. We've been to Prairie Meadows, once or twice (which for those of you not in IA, is our local Casino) and of course we played Bingo last weekend. Yes you heard me right, we played Bingo. Hanging out with all those blue-haired old ladies on a Sunday afternoon there is nothing wrong with that. The place that we go is relatively small and these people are still insane. I think Sheryl knew every number the woman sitting next to us needed, but I'll let her blog about that. We went to the zoo on Mother's day. This is where Nathan flipped out because he didn't want to eat the brunch before actually looking at the animals. I've been told I don't know how many times in the past month "It's my big chance" from Nathan. Now I don't know exactly what this means, but apparently he learned this from somewhere. Yes Nathan's favorite place is Target, as a matter of fact again today when he saw a man on a bicycle, he asked "where is he goin?" I replied that I didn't know, at which point he informed me "He's goin to target." So, a little obsessed, yes. Finally as many of you probably learned from Sheryl's blog and/or Facebook, I had my marathon two days last week where I was called in at 4AM (as a sign of revenge from a co-worker I believe) and was there all day and into the late evening for two personal deliveries, urgent care clinic and my normal hospital duties. Quite a busy day. It's really not that bad honestly, but it does get long when you aren't expecting it, so only have 2-3 hours of sleep between two very full days.

I think that's most of the excitement over the last month or so. I will tell you we went to see a movie in there and I saw the preview for the remake of The A-Team....it is blasphemy, no Mr. T is involved, more on that in my next blog post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment